Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Nina on Relationships: Does a Bitch Ever Deserve to get her Ass Beat? Part 1 of 6


I was having a conversation with a friend of mine, around a program we were watching that dealt with women in abusive relationships. I myself have never been in a physically abusive relationship but I'm truly trying to get some understanding on why women stay in them and why are they not able to see the signs? I can partially give a pass to the women 30+ years ago. However, knowledge is power and I feel women of this generation have this knowledge. It also helps me to realize that many of us labeling people around us as friends need to reevaluate these relationships and get a better understanding of what a friend truly is. Just because chica is always down to party and go drinking with you doesn't mean she's a friend. I call those people "associates." In some cases they can even be labeled as opportunist. She knows her E cup "friend" always gets free drinks and VIP at the clubs, so they call her just for that purpose. I also understand that young women who grew up in abusive homes are more susceptible to being in abusive relationships themselves. Why though? I mean it clearly brought havoc and confusion to the home why would you want to replicate that experience? So what is it?! Why do we have so many women getting their asses beat from these men? Is the justice system partly to blame? Do we not have stern enough consequences for beating a bitches ass? I use to always tell my employees. Before you can expect to be understood you must first seek to understand. Right now, I'm seeking. I'm reaching out to my readers trying to understand what goes through the mind of an abused woman. What are some situations where a women may feel trapped and see no way out? What are some things you propose that could help women get out of or stay away from abusive relationships? Why do we fall short as "friends" to help, support, protect and guide each other from such relationships? Are there some women that deserve to be beaten? Most importantly, what triggers a man to foster an abusive environment? Many of you may draw towards the obvious answers to these question. Things like upbringing, insecurity and jealousy. I challenge you to dig a little deeper as well as considering possible solutions. If you are/were an abused women, I would love to hear your story.



I will address your comments as well as some of my own questions in part 2 of this post. Guys, I haven't forgotten about you. Nina knows that some of you are victims as well and will address this in part 3 and 4. Part 5 and 6 is exclusive to my gay community and the increasingly, rampant abuse taking place there as well.

 I look forward to hearing from each and everyone of you

No comments:

Post a Comment