Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Sacrifices of Love: Are you Sure you're Ready???!!?


Is it possible to be in love with someone so much that you want to protect them from yourself? With age comes the divine wisdom of oneself. I remember when I was in high school, there was a new family that moved into the neighborhood. The kids were fraternal twins, one boy and one girl. As we all remember, high school has many similarities to a prison. The whole "fresh meat" and "breaking em in" concept was in full effect. I was a pretty little black girl on two feet (didn't know it then) and as a result wreaked havoc from my peers. The ring leaders of this witch hunt were these two wilder beast, broken home, apes that just hated my existence. I was confused as to why I was the chosen one because these bitches were so fucking ugly and pitiful, EVERYBODY and ANYBODY'S situation was better than theres'. One girls mother bought a house near her husband and his lover to compete and try to keep tabs. The other one was a Latchkey Kid that was so insecure she became a self proclaimed gang bang professional. Anyway, when these twins came to the school they swore on the bible that the guy was theres. They tried to tell him not to talk to me and told everyone that this guy was interested in them. I didn't quite know about sexuality, the power of pussy or seduction but I was determined to not let this year be another emotional beat down session. Within a few weeks I had this young man wrapped around my fingers. He loved him some Nina and was so proud to call himself "my boyfriend." He had not drank from the KoolAide the rest of the miscreants drank from and saw just how dysfunctional these girls and there followers were. He walked me to all my classes, held my books and we partook in public displays of affection. They were livid!! LMAO!! I loved it, finally an anecdote for these bitches venom. The sad part about this story is, I really wasn't checking for this guy. He was a sweetheart but I wasn't into him at all. I needed him in my life at that moment to help me deal with my situation. I am sure even as adults we have or are currently doing the same thing with someone in our lives. We are using them to fill a void, provide for you or to cover a truth. I was a strong supporter of this behavior until I fell in love for the first time. True love, once experienced truly mimics what the bible says it is. 1 Corinthians 13: "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.Love never fails." It is the most amazing feeling ever and the most self sacrificing emotion you will ever experience. When I realized that my actions were slowly starting to hurt someone I was with and we no longer had the same goals in the relationship, I opted to leave. This person was/is my best friend. It was my lifes mission to protect and support them and be the best wife I could be. I took this job very seriously and when I realized that I was the person they needed to be protected from, I had to make that difficult decesion. It would have been an unhealthy situation and I was not willing to not have that person in my life. If I had continued, it would have been a devastating end. So to my young readers, before you start tatooing names on your body, and proclaiming your undying love for someone. Allow yourself time to get to know that individual. When you are truly able to make difficult, unselfish decesions in your relationship and can sincerely profess to 1 Corinthians 13. Then maybe, just maybe you've tasted a little bit of that thing called love.

This video is of a young couple in New York. She just broke up with this young man and was saying goodbye. He decided at that moment to make a SELFISH and IRREVERSIBLE decesion that was all caught on a security camera. I show this video to send the message that this extreme is never ok and when I speak of "difficult decesions" I am not reffering to this. (CAUTION VIDEO IS GRAPHIC)

No comments:

Post a Comment